Friday 18 November 2011

The Snowman

So maybe it is a bit early to be talking about Christmas, but one of my most favourite things ever (not just out of films, but out of everything!) is Raymond Briggs classic The Snowman.
























I have watched the film every single Christmas for as long as I can remember.

I have a lovely memory of my Dad staying up late with me one Christmas eve when everyone else had gone to bed, just so that I could watch it. The year before last I even bought myself a copy of the DVD, just in case it wasnt on TV that year.















I just love everything about it - the way it's drawn, the soundtrack (and not just Walking in the Air, but all of it) and the way it makes me feel - nostalgic and happy.

My all time favourite possesion is a Snowman Music Box that my parents bought me for my 21st birthday, from 1987 (the year I was born) which I will treasure forever. It was such a lovely, thoughtful gift that I had tears in my eyes when I opened it.

One day I will have a snowman scarf of my very own...






























images: 1, 2, 3

I'll leave you with the flying scene, if it isn't too Christmassy for you....



I can't wait to watch it this Christmas :)

Leah x
twitter:
@leahgoldenapple

Golden Apple
Creative design, Stationery & Wedding
Invitations Leicester
Click here to visit the site

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...