Monday 4 July 2011

I DON'T LIKE SPAM!!!

Spam. Greasy, fatty, slimy, weird meat type stuff... it's GROSS.

But that's not the kind of spam I'm talking about in this post.

I'm talking about the "please become a fan of my facebook page" spam that keeps getting slapped onto my facebook page.

And it's not just me.

LOADS of wedding businesses / bloggers have been complaining about it recently.

Some are even resorting to removing the walls from their facebook pages so that spammers can't post onto them, which is really unfair - it stops our actual fans from communicating with us!


I don't want ANY spam!

If you aren't fully aware of the correct Facebook etiquette regarding this, here it is...... DON'T DO IT!

It won't help your business - it will just annoy the people whose pages you're clogging up with your spam. I have almost 600 fans on my page, which by comparison to others who have 1000's isn't that many, but I got them by working hard to promote my business, so why should you get to just post your business on my page for all of my fans to see?

I'm not being selfish - I think that one of the most important things is promoting and helping each other, but you have to ASK first! If I like your business and I want to help you out (which I probably will if you approach me in the right way, by sending me an email to introduce yourself,or meeting me at a networking event or wedding fair) then I'll post it myself, or maybe even do a supplier feature on you! I'm sure the same will go for any other supplier that you might feel the need to spam.

OK, rant over - I hope that you enjoyed the Monty Python video - it made me laugh anyway! :)

Leah x
twitter: @leahgoldenapple

Golden Apple
Creative design, Stationery & Wedding
Invitations Leicester
Click here to visit the site

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...