Monday 25 July 2011

Old family wedding photographs - Part 1, Anne & Brian

I found so many lovely old wedding photographs during my nostalgic afternoon the other day that rather than put them into one big post i've decided to split them up into a few different parts.

The first selection of photographs that i'm going to share is one of my favourites, the wedding of my Great Aunt & Uncle, Anne & Brian.

Firstly, the dress - I love the gorgeous 1950's calf length wedding dress with it's delicate lace detailing, long sleeves and tiny nipped in waist.

I also love how young and in love they are, and how proud my great uncle (who only looks about 15) looks in the last photograph. It all looks like something from a romantic black and white movie, with my great aunt stepping into the shoes of Audrey Hepburn as the herione!









































































































































Leah x
twitter: @leahgoldenapple

Golden Apple
Creative design, Stationery & Wedding
Invitations Leicester
Click here to visit the site

3 comments:

  1. Oh this is divine! I love love love old family photographs, even if they are not my own. I can't help imagining their life and what they were feeling and saying. How special that you have them, x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, that dress is gorgeous! Big fan of the shape and structure. Would wear something like that myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, it is just great to see the Old family wedding photographs. I totally loved reading through this post. I love it!! We both got engaged recently and want a cute vintage themed wedding so are thinking to book most beautiful vintage inspired wedding venues Los Angeles. Will search for décor ideas online. If you have any, please let me know.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...