Thursday 21 July 2011

Par Avion - vintage air mail art for our new house!

We're moving house at the end of August!

To celebrate i've just made this new peice of art - I think it's going to look great above my desk in my new office!




































I made it using a selection of vintage air mail envelopes that I've collected, stuck onto a wooden board using PVA glue - you can find loads of them on ebay!

The oldest envelope is from 14th February 1938, addressed to a Mr Harold Cox. I like to think that it's a letter from his sweetheart (or secret lover!) thanking him for the beautiful blooms that he sent her for Valentines Day!

I can't wait to hang this up in the new house :)

Leah x
twitter: @leahgoldenapple

Golden Apple
Creative design, Stationery & Wedding
Invitations Leicester
Click here to visit the site

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...