Thursday 9 June 2011

Golden Apple ♥'s The Bijou Bride {Supplier Focus}

BIJOU
a definition: "something small, delicate and exquisitely wrought"
an adjective: "desirable, pleasing, elegant, fashionable, stylish, chic, sought-after, to die for"

I love The Bijou Bride - the website is super cool with it's gorgeous imagery and design, and I especially love the little "post box" and "telephone box" icons. The blog is full of unique ideas and lots of lovely inspiration.














I spoke to the Bijou Bride herself, Alexandra, to find out more...

Who are you?
Alexandra from The Bijou Bride

What do you do?
Wedding event/fashion Stylist and wedding fashion blogger

Is this your full time job or do you have a day job - if so what is it?
I do have another job too working as a Music PR consultant and stylist, today I was hanging out with Olly Murs and next week it's the Kings of Leon! I like to be busy and I think it's good to keep some perspective of the world outside of weddings. My aim with the blog and my wedding clients is to bring that contemporary edge and understanding of what's influential now.

















What do you love most about what you do?
The clients. Creating those little touches and moments that make people say 'it was an awesome wedding.'

What inspires you?
I have a wild imagination which I'm sure came from reading Alice in Wonderland and Enid Blyton books when I was young. I adore hidden details in things and think they really set a wedding apart, it's something I strive to include in all my client plans.

What is the most memorable event that you’ve worked on?
Although it hasn't happened yet The Vintage Wedding Affair (Saturday 2nd July - for your diary). It is a HUGE undertaking for me, not only have I been organising the fair but I'm also styling the day and the fashion shows all within 8 weeks. I have an aversion to trestle tables and had a dream of creating something different, something Bijou. So the Vintage Wedding Affair is taking place in an active independent Emporium with all furniture and props available to buy. I think it will be a more relevant and dare I say it, trendy Wedding Fair.

And finally… anything else you’re itching to tell me?
That I think you rock!
























Thanks Alexandra! :)

I think you will agree that Alexandra is a very cool lady, and that The Bijou Bride is a fabulous resource for brides to be who want to create a chic, fashionable and stylish wedding.

The Vintage Wedding Affair sounds fabulous, and a great opportunity for brides to meet lots of gorgeous and creative suppliers. It's sure to be an amazing day for all involved - if only I was London based!

If you want to find out more about The Bijou Bride you can..
Visit the website
Visit the blog
Follow on twitter

I've loved today's feature - i hope you have too!
If you are a super cool supplier and would like to be featured here just email leah@goldenappledesigns.co.uk

Leah x

Golden Apple
Creative design, Stationery & Wedding
Invitations Leicester
Click here to visit the site

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...